Well, you're not the only one. I am there right now. And it is darn hard. Sometimes, words of encouragement doesn't register as much as the pain, heartache and tears that flow at night when you put yourself to sleep (if you ever get any at all).
But hang in there. Maybe it's wake-up call? time to slow down? a realization to humble yourself? ask for help? YOU can't do it alone.
Here's something I read from an old Facebook note, from a younger version of myself that made me smile and ashamed at the same time. Oh how quickly I forget!
THINGS I'VE LEARNED IN 2012
- I've learned two things about relationships: (1) Not all relationships are true (2) Not all relationships should matter. For those that do matter, it requires effort on your part in order to make it succeed. For those that are true, love the people genuinely and constantly be thankful of them.
- We all have a sweet-spot of our own, so there is no room for lethal insecurities because there is something you can do that others cannot. So don't give up on that skill or talent that you have just because you think someone has stolen your chair of duty. And most of all, be yourself. You will be liked for who really are. I can't say you will be hated for who you are not, but most likely it will follow. Yet we are all imperfect and flawed anyway, so whoever says they're perfect cast that first stone!
- College makes you feel dumb. It's meant to be that way because this time around you cannot rely on stored knowledge. You're supposed to learn new stuff that will help you in what you will do for the rest of your life. So no matter how smart you were in prep, elementary and high school, you have to study, study and study which means to read your books tediously and to not sleep when reviewing for a midterm (if necessary).
- Work, plan, pray and reach for your dream. Keep yourself motivated as much as you can. Work hard to earn what you really want in life. Plan ahead and make smart decisions, but couple it with prayer as well (always!!). And just continue to reach and never give-up on that dream of yours despite the discouraging words you might hear from others or from your college adviser.
- When things don't go your way or when you fall, dust yourself off, accept it and try again. Persistence is key, but be sensitive enough not to beat yourself up because it might just not be really meant for you. (Shame on you if you've been played/fooled twice. Joke! We're all growing so what the heck.)
- Always keep a happy mindset, then you will have a happy heart, and a happy attitude.
- Less talk is more character. As they say, silence is your best weapon and listening is your best tool.
- Do something silly at least once a day. It keeps you young and gives you a break.
- Skipping a workout is okay. Splurging sometimes is okay. It means you're truly living.
- Finally, I just want to draw closer to God everyday because life is not hard without him, it is impossible.
Before I read this. I was busy plagiarizing the internet for words that can just encourage me today, and maybe tomorrow, the next day...until I have finally moved on.
For the next thirty days I shall saturate myself in these Words:
1. The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.- Psalm 118:22
2. When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken. - Psalm 34:17-20
3. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect inweakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:9
4. For the Lord will not forsake his people; he will not abandon his heritage; - Psalm 94:14
5. For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the Lord will take me in. - Psalm 27:10
6. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. - Psalm 139: 13-14
7. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:19
8. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. - Colossians 1:17
9. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7
10. Behold, my servant shall act wisely; he shall be high and lifted up, and shall be exalted. - Isaiah 52:13
11. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul. I cried to him with my mouth, and high praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me! - Psalm 66:16-20
12. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. - Romans 15:13
13. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31
14. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; - Isaiah 49:16a
15. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9
16. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus... - Romans 8:1
17. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; - Psalm 103:2-4
18. Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion. - Isaiah 52:2
19. And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils. - Mark 1:39
20. And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight. - Luke 7:21
21. The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. - Psalm 145:8
22. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8: 38-39
23. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but islongsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come torepentance. - 2 Peter 3:9
24. For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD. - Psalm 117:2
25. Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! - Psalm 31:19
26. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:13
27. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16
28. ...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. - John 10:10
29. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. - Lamentation 3:22-23
30. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. - 2 Corinthians 2:9
In the next 30 days, I will mention each verse and say how I feel about it. This blog after all carries the url: "havefaith," originally designed for me to express myself in all avenues possible--fashion, food, events, etc.-- as I discover myself more and channel it into what I want to be after I have graduated college.
And I shall let it be. I will have faith. And my advice to you all is the same.
Always HAVE FAITH,
I will still be having weekly fashion posts, of course,
but this is a 30-day challenge I have for myself
and I'd like to share it will everybody.