Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pag-ibig | Valentines

I have been told that Valentines originated from a pagan practice. But for me, it's just a term for celebrating love in a tangible way, although love should be celebrated everyday. Last Friday, we (CUE 518 [our music team])) had the opportunity to share our talents to the Fil-Am community here in Lubbock, as we were requested to render a couple of love song performances. The main song was Yeng Constantino's "Pag-ibig." I'll link a video below for those who do not know what I'm talking about. It's a cute yet meaningful song, perfect for what I'm currently feeling about my love life.

Based on my own opinion, occasions like these call for a really sweet and girly look. So here's 
what I wore:
Jewelries: Pink button earrings (thrifted),
Floral bib neckace (JCPenney), 
Bangles (thrifted and Walmart),
Ring (F21)
Dress: Pink, floral, sweetheart neckline dress, with tulle
demi peticoat detailing(American Eagle)
Accesories: Muted Orange belt (thrifted), Cyan purse with gold embelishments (from Krisha's closet),
Fuchsia Barbie pumps by Anne Michelle (BCF,
NYX Lipstick in Louisiana (ULTA)

Hype this look HERE, show me some love.
First ever duet we had, singing "missing you like crazy."
Another first. Kyrvin's first (and not the last) jam with us.
The team minus the other girls.
Singing to "When you say nothing at all."
I wore my burgundy blazer with the whole
outfit to keep me warm when i step outside.
Meet my "pogi" daw valentino.
Obligatory couple shot 1
I asked my adopted sister, Glyden, to
take a fashion shot of me for my lookbook
then he ran into the picture. It ended up
as a candid yet cute shot. Obligatory
couple shot 2
Mug shot daw ng mga boys. Kayo na ang COOL.haha
Charing photo naman. LOL. mga CUTE 518.
Hindi naman talaga ako model, fashionista lang.
I'm not always poise and prim...
...I have to actually pose and make an effort for it.
Our lovely friends, who happen to be awesome dancers. You know, we're not
that talented. haha. Check them out on youtube.
Me and my sisters
RED on valentines, for me, is so cliche but by all means wear red if it pleases you and your significant other. As for me, I prefer pink or any light colors. Plus full skirts and sweetheart necklines, or anything frilly and ladylike. If you're wondering about my hair, it's inspired by a look that Judy by Itsjudytime (on youtube) did because as you all can see I have (full) bangs now. And the usual down-do, curled hair seems too overwhelming. Almost covering the beauty of the face and even the outfit out. 

One more thing, my best tip for valentines would be to ask or try to figure out what your partner wants to see you dressed in and how your hair is fixed. The other day, AR and I went to the mall and we saw this dress at Forever 21. And he actually told me he likes to see me more often in that kind of dress. Furthermore, he went on to say, that he likes it if I pulled my hair in an up-do and if i just wore plain shirts instead of colorful, printed ones. So, the next day, I bought the dress in the exact color that he likes, even if I wanted it in a different color. And I'm wearing it on our date next week, so wait for the pictures guys. I was told by one of our Kuyas sometime ago, that if I was going to put make-up on or dress up, I have to do so for the guy that I love and not for other guys, or even girls. I mean, think about it, if you think that thought is too outre then consider the fact that all throughout the year, you dress however you want, so let valentines be what he/she wants.

Let me know your valentines went. More to come. ~HFK<3








No comments:

Post a Comment